M Rowley & Sons have often seen families choosing a coffin , it’s a very emotional time, and we are very compassionate and sensitive to the needs of the family . It doesn’t matter how well prepared you think you are, most people find it truly difficult as it represents letting go of somebody special .There are a lot of options to choose from with regard to design, wood and craftsmanship of the highest quality, and choices ranging from mahogany to light coloured oak. We have a very varied section of coffins to choose from so take your time and ask for help if required.
When arranging a funeral for your loved one, you will need to think about the type of coffin you would like. There are many different styles and materials available to choose from ,to help making your choice, you may want to consider:
- The cost
- The materials used
- Whether it is environmentally friendly
- The style of the coffin
- The personality and taste of your loved one or did they leave any instructions.
Different materials and types
In the last decade or so, there has been a huge increase in the choices available for coffins. These include:
- Traditional wooden coffins or caskets (for example, oak or pine)
- Wicker coffins, willow coffins, and coffins made from bamboo,or seagrass If you have a specific type of coffin in mind, you can discuss this with us to help you find the ideal coffin or casket for your loved one.
Please bear in mind that you may need to fulfil certain requirements in your coffin selection, depending on the committal of your loved one.
If you have chosen cremation for your loved one, there will be certain guidelines set by the crematorium. We will be able to show you a range of coffins suitable for cremation.
There are also key considerations and guidelines if you wish to repatriate your loved one abroad . . Specific airlines may also have extra regulations.
- Veneered Coffins
- Solid Coffins
- Italian Style Coffins & Caskets
- Environmentally Friendly Coffins
- Small Sizes
- Standard Timber Ashes Caskets
- Premier Timber Ashes Caskets
- Metal Urns & Keepsakes
- Eco Ashes Caskets